Friday, July 4, 2008

A wordy album.

Some snapshots from my last week.

The furrows in my mother's brow in the rearview mirror, after we passed a fallen deer. It remained furrowed for 6 miles.

My hulking brother, who punched numerous holes in the walls of our old house, tenderly attending to his girlfriend at the dinner table.

My sister, 8 months pregnant, her house filled with chattering women and a baby shower, as cool and collected and unfathomable as I've ever seen her.

My Dad, lying dripping marinated steaks onto the grill, asking me if I'm becoming a vegetarian.
He grilled veggie burgers for Dave.

Driving home to hang out with Dave on my lunch break, finding myself running to the house unable to not grin.

Afraid of the stilted phone conversations after someone moves away, yet prattling on with Emily when she calls one afternoon.

No comments: