Monday, June 23, 2008

Emily Margaret.



I once heard that faith is just the knowledge that all things change. Like it's a comfort, as I grew up thinking faith to be, that bad times will end, just hold on a little longer, etc. But if we take that to be true, than we're accepting that all things change. Not only the bad.

Good things can change too. And isn't that what makes life so bittersweet?

I think it takes a kind of courage to face loss smiling, happy that you have something to miss.


This is my best friend Emily Hamlin. She's going to Syracuse University next week, for their nationally renowned Public Administration Masters program. That they're throwing money at her for her to come learn from them is only a suggestion of what an epic person she really is. I'm lucky and proud to know her. That I'm going to miss her is an understatement.

No comments: